Planning a Group Visit
Bring your group to our indoor learning playground!
Kids up to age 12 will discover togetherness as they explore movement, teamwork, open-ended play, and problem-solving strategies. Our museum exhibits are the perfect complement to classroom curriculum. They support the Wisconsin Model Academic Standards and interdisciplinary learning by blending the fun of art, science, the environment, and social studies.
Choose from 5 different field trip levels ranging from one to six hours in duration. All levels include hands-on play time in the museum. The 2-Star level and above include a program or adventure of your choice (see list below). A minimum of 10 paying students is required to book a field trip. Adventures require 20 paying students.
Historic Adventures (1 hour duration)
- Exploding Volcanoes (PreK – Grade 5)
- Dino Dig (PreK – Grade 3)
- Underground Railroad (Grades 2 – 5)
- Ellis Island (Grades 3 – 5)
- Badger Mining (PreK – Grade 5)
- Get Down & Dirty and Compost (Grades 3 & Up)
- Launch It Up with Rocketry (Grades 3 & Up)
Programs (1/2 hour duration)
Simply Science – Choose from 4 hands-on science experiments:
- Magic Writing,
- Dancing Raisins
- Penny Boats
- Color Wheel
- Healthy Eating
Pirate Math – Search for doubloons and complete the 100’s board
Games – Choose from treasure hunt, scavenger hunt or musical planets.
Chaperones are required and admitted for free. Preschool: 1 adult per 3 children. Grades K-5: 1 adult per 5 children. Organizers of field trips involving programming may be encouraged to bring additional helpers and are credited accordingly. Adults in excess of the required number will be charged $5.00 each.
Helpful Tips & Reminders
- Leave coats & personal items on the bus.
- Every field trip starts with a 10-minute orientation.
- Attentive & involved chaperones make for a great visit.
- Chaperones are expected to enforce the museum rules.
- Museum staff will intervene, if necessary, for everyone’s safety.
- 15 minutes prior to departure, staff will announce rest room and pick-up time.
- After pick-ups are complete, the limbo will start and continue until all children are on the bus.
- We ask that you do a final head count on the bus.
- Thanks! Your cooperation will help ensure a great visit.